REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
Tuesday December 8th, 2020; 6:00 P.M.
Johnston Senior Center, 1291 Hartford Ave., Johnston, RI 02919
Because of COVID-19 and the current executive order, the Planning Board will adhere to the following procedures:
• The applicant must advise the Administrative Officer 24 hours in advance of all individuals attending on the applicant’s behalf. The attendee’s name and phone number will be required.
• All applications are scheduled for a specific time. All parties are advised that the hearing for a specific case may start later than advertised but in no situation will the application be heard prior to the time posted. If you arrive prior to the case being called, you must wait in your car or outside the senior center and remain socially distant.
• No one will be admitted to the Senior Center until the specific case, for which they are attending the meeting, is called.
• All individuals, upon entering the senior center must register, giving name, address and phone number. Staff will screen all who enter the meeting.
• A face mask must be worn at all times. When a person is recognized to speak, the individual, upon arriving at the podium, may remove the mask to speak to the board. The mask must be put back on before walking away from the podium.
• All individuals must maintain a minimum of six (6) foot social distancing.
• No furniture may be moved by an attendee.
Additionally, the general public may be permitted subject to conditions listed above and subject to maximum allowable space (no more than 34 people total 13 of which are the Board and staff) per Executive Order 20-58. Anyone who is unable to attend the meeting in person or cannot gain access to the Senior Center because the meeting has reached the maximum number of participants, may participate in the meeting electronically as follows:
Via Computer: https://zoom.us/j/93261163569
Via Telephone: 312 626 6799 or 929 205 6099 or 301 715 8592 or 346 248 7799 or 669 900 6833 or 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 932 6116 3569
NOTE: Please check out the “ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS for emeetings held via Zoom” on the Town’s web page under Meetings & Events. https://www.townofjohnstonri.com/
Item 1 - Scheduled for 6:05 PM
PB 20-38 - The Johnston Hazard Mitigation Plan. Public Hearing
Item 2 – Scheduled for 6:15 PM
PB 20-39 – A. Dui Pyle parking expansion - 4 Green Earth Avenue – Industrial Site Plan Review - Assessor’s Plat 31 Lot 63 - Industrial Zone. The applicant is requesting that the Board waive site plan review as permitted by Section 340-27. A. (3).
Item 3 - Scheduled for 6:25 PM
PB 19-31 – Morgan Health Center- Major Land Development - Public Hearing. Review and discussion on the engineering and design plans of the proposed expansion of the Health Center. After the public hearing the Board may grant approval delegating Final Review to the Administrative Officer.
Item 4 - Scheduled for 6:35 PM
PB 19-39 - beyond Self-Storage - Minor Land Development and Unified Development Review - Public Hearing. Review and discussion on the engineering, design plans and required variances for the proposed self-storage facility. After the public hearing the Board may grant approval delegating Final Review to the Administrative Officer.
Item 5 - Scheduled for 6:45 PM
PB 20-35 - Seasons Corner Market - 525 Killingly Street - Minor Land Development and Unified Development Review - Pre-application discussion
Item 6 - Scheduled for 6:55 PM
PB 20-41 - 2631 Hartford Avenue - Rezoning Request - Advisory Opinion to the Town Council.
Item 7 - Scheduled for 7:05 PM
PB 20-44 - Mill Street Planned Development - Rezoning Request - Master Plan review and discussion of proposed former mill conversion to housing.
Item 8 - Scheduled for 7:15 PM
PB 20-34 - Petition to abandon a portion of Elmhurst Avenue - Advisory opinion to the Town Council.
Item 9 - Scheduled for 7:25 PM
PB 20-36 - Comprehensive Plan Amendment - Proposed amendments to Goals and Polices, Land Use and Implementation Elements to establish a clear framework for alternate energy systems in the Town. Board discussion and recommend action to the Town Council.
Item 10 - Scheduled for 7:35 PM
PB 20-37 - Zoning Ordinance Revisions – Proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance that would establish Floating Zones, Overlay Districts, and a Renewable Energy Overlay District; amend Unified Development Review; establish Development Plan Review; and, establish requirements for Alternative Energy Systems. Board discussion and recommend action to the Town Council.
Item 11 - Scheduled for 7:45 PM
PB 20-45 - Zoning Amendment - Room Resellers - Advisory Opinion. Board discussion and recommend action to the Town Council.
NOTE: The following items will be discussed at the end of all scheduled items.
IV. GENERAL BUSINESS
1. 2021 Schedule of Regular Meetings of the Planning Board - Approval Required
2. Comprehensive Plan Update - Request for Proposals - Review
V. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT & SPECIAL ITEMS
2. Administrative Subdivisions
3. Report of the Town Planner
a. Revision of Land Development and Subdivision Review Regulations
b. Revision of Zoning Ordinance Use Table
Planning Board documents are available for review and/or purchase 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Planning Office, 1st floor, 100 Irons Avenue, Johnston. New items not heard by 9:30 p.m. may be rescheduled for a subsequent/special meeting at the discretion of the Board. Facilities are handicap accessible. Inter¬preter services may be requested from TTD (401) 792-9642 at least 72 hours in advance.
11/20, 11/27, 12/4/20