Thursday, October 29th, 2020
Johnston Senior Center
1291 Hartford Ave.
Johnston, RI 02919
Because of COVID-19 and the current executive order, the Zoning Board will adhere to the following procedures:
• The applicant must advise the Zoning Office 24 hours in advance of all individuals attending on the applicant’s behalf. The attendee’s name and phone number will be required.
• All applications are scheduled for a specific time. All parties are advised that the hearing for a specific case may start later than advertised but in no situation will the application be heard prior to the time posted. If you arrive prior to the case being called, you must wait in your car or outside the senior center and remain socially distant.
• No one will be admitted to the Senior Center until the specific case, for which they are attending the meeting, is called.
• All individuals, upon entering the senior center must register, giving name, address and phone number. Staff will screen all who enter the meeting.
• A face mask must be worn at all times. When a person is recognized to speak, the individual, upon arriving at the podium, may remove the mask to speak to the board. The mask must be put back on before walking away from the podium.
• All individuals must maintain the minimum of six (6) foot social distancing.
• No furniture may be moved by an attendee.
Additionally, the general public may be permitted subject to conditions listed above and subject to maximum allowable space per Executive Order 20-58. Anyone may participate in the meeting electronically as follows:
When prompted, please type in the following password:
Via Telephone: 312 626 6799 or
929 205 6099 or 301 715 8592 or
346 248 7799 or 669 900 6833 or
253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 939 8011 4415
NOTE: Please check out the “ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS for emeetings held via Zoom” on the Town’s web page under Meetings & Events. https://www.townofjohnstonri.com/
Cases to be heard at 6:30 PM
Remand from Superior Court
File 2019-6- David Iascone/DFI , Owner/Applicant; Joy Street; AP 4 Lot 102, R-15 Zone, 13,108 Sq. ft. Table of Dimensional Variance; Section 340 Article III. Proposed Single Family Dwelling.
Case to be heard at 6:40 PM
File 2020-06 – Petition of Robert Russo Jr, Owner/Applicant for 315 Morgan Avenue; AP 24 Lot 18 a 37,897 Sq. Ft. parcel zoned R-20. The petitioner is seeking to legalize the present use of the property which contains a three (3) family house, construction and trucking storage which requires a Use Variance from Subsection 9 Number 13 of Attachment A Use Table of Section 340-8 of the Zoning Ordinance.
Case to be heard at 7:00 PM
File 2020-17 – Petition of Robert Paliotta, Jr., Owner/Applicant for 23 Carriage Way AP 48 Lots 593, zoned R-40. The petitioner is seeking a Dimensional Variance to construct a proposed detached garage. Section 340.
Case to be heard at 7:20 PM
File 2020-22 – Petition of Revity Energy/Shore Holdings, LLC Owner/Applicant for 87 Shore Drive; AP 46 Lots 103 & 171, zoned R-40. The petitioner is seeking a Dimensional Variance to allow construction of solar farm, houses, and associated equipment. Section 340 Article 340-74.
Case to be heard at 7:40 PM
File 2020-24 – Petition of Richard & Donna Petrucci Owner/Applicant for 708 Central Ave; AP 44 Lots 386, zoned R-40. The petitioner is seeking a Dimensional Variance to allow construction of a Two-Car Garage. Section 340 Article 340-25, 340-74.
Case to be heard at 8:00 PM
File 2020-21 – Petition of Derek & Kimberly Fisher, Owner/Applicant for 1 Loxley Drive; AP 64 Lots 60, zoned R-15. The petitioner is seeking a Dimensional Variance to allow for a Proposed Addition. Section 340 .
Case to be heard at 8:20 PM
File 2020-23 – Petition of Richard & Laura Lantorella, Owner/Applicant for 38 Freedom Court; AP 19 Lots 259, zoned R-15. The petitioner is seeking a Dimensional Variance to construct an addition.
Case to be heard at 8:40 PM
File 2020-20 – Petition of GD Johnston Scituate I, LLC Owner/Applicant for Scituate Avenue; AP 44 Lots 18, zoned R-40. The petitioner is seeking a Special Use Permit and Dimensional Variance to allow a ground-mounted solar array.
Case to be heard at 9:00 PM
File 2020-27 – Petition of Shun Properties, LLC Owner/Applicant for 116 Shun Pike; AP 32 Lots 17, zoned Industrial. The petitioner is seeking a Dimensional Variance to allow two new Pre-fabricated metal buildings totaling 24,800 sq ft..
NOTE: New items that have not been called for a hearing by 10:30 p.m. may be rescheduled for a subsequent or a special meeting at the discretion of the Board.
10/9, 10/16, 10/23/20