Johnston Planning Board
October 6, 2020
PLANNING BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, October 6th, 2020; 6:00 P.M.
Because of COVID-19 and the current executive order, the Planning Board will adhere to the following procedures:
• The applicant must advise the Administrative Officer 24 hours in advance of all individuals attending on the applicant’s behalf. The attendee’s name and phone number will be required.
• All applications are scheduled for a specific time. All parties are advised that the hearing for a specific case may start later than advertised but in no situation will the application be heard prior to the time posted. If you arrive prior to the case being called, you must wait in your car or outside the senior center and remain socially distant.
• No one will be admitted to the Senior Center until the specific case, for which they are attending the meeting, is called.
• All individuals, upon entering the senior center must register, giving name, address and phone number. Staff will screen all who enter the meeting.
• A face mask must be worn at all times. When a person is recognized to speak, the individual, upon arriving at the podium, may remove the mask to speak to the board. The mask must be put back on before walking away from the podium.
• All individuals must maintain a minimum of six (6) foot social distancing.
• No furniture may be moved by an attendee.
Additionally, the general public may be permitted subject to conditions listed above and subject to maximum allowable space (no more than 34 people total) per Executive Order 20-58. Anyone may participate in the meeting electronically as follows:
Via Telephone: 312 626 6799 or 929 205 6099 or 301 715 8592 or
346 248 7799 or 669 900 6833 or 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 914 0791 7509
NOTE: Please check out the “ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS for emeetings held via Zoom” on the Town’s web page under Meetings & Events. https://www.townofjohnstonri.com/
Item 1 - Scheduled for 6:05 PM
PB 20-31 - Shun Properties, LLC -116 Shun Pike - Industrial Site Plan and Industrial Performance Standards Review - Assessor’s Plat 32 Lot 17- IL Zone - Applicant Shun Properties, LLC.
A public hearing in accordance with Section 340-27 Site Plan Review of Industrial Uses and a conformance review in accordance with Section 340-10 through 18, Industrial Performance Standards of a proposed expansion of an existing metal building by adding a 100’ x 180’ addition.
Item 2 - Scheduled for 6:25 PM
PB 19-49 - Oak Solar - 87 Shore Drive - Major Subdivision and Site Plan Review - Assessor’s Plat 46 Lots 103 & 171 - R-40 Zone - Applicant Revity Energy, LLC.
A public hearing in accordance with the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations on a Preliminary Plan for a Major Subdivision of an eight lot subdivision and Section 340-27 Site Plan Review for the development of a Solar Field that has been granted a Special Use Permit in accordance with subsection 5 No. 2 of Section 340-8 Use Table of the Zoning Ordinance.
Item 3 - Scheduled for 6:45 PM
PB 19-16 - GD Johnston Scituate - 125 Scituate Avenue - Site Plan Review - Assessor’s Plat 44 Lot 18 - R-40 Zone. Applicant Green Development, LLC.
A public hearing in accordance with Section 340-27 Site Plan Review for the development of a Solar Field.
This agenda may be amended to add additional items that do not require a Public Hearing.
Documents available for review 8am-3pm, Planning Office, 100 Irons Ave. Items not heard by 10:30 pm rescheduled for subsequent meeting. Facilities are handicap accessible. Interpreter services to be requested from TTD (401) 792-9642, 72 hours advance notice required.
9/17, 9/24, 10/1/20