Police Log - 01/23/20



On the evening of Jan. 10, Arthur Beaucage III, 61, 41 Lee St., Johnston, responded to Johnston Police headquarters regarding a warrant for his arrest on a felony charge of threats to public officials and a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.

Beaucage was taken into custody and later arraigned and released on $5,000 personal recognizance until a pre-arraignment conference at Sixth Division District Court on April 10.

Beaucage’s arrest stems from an alleged incident that occurred in December 2019. Patrolman Christopher Rotella responded to a report of threats at Johnston Municipal Court the morning of Jan. 2. A person, whose name has been redacted, told him that on or about Dec. 26 or 27, at the glass check-in window, Beaucage had been issued two town ordinance violations for unregistered autos on his property.

The reporting party told Rotella that Beaucage became extremely unruly and said, “If the guys come back on my property, I’m going to shoot him, hurt him.” The reporting party said Beaucage then left the courthouse swearing, with his motion in his hand.


Patrolman Michael A. Schiappa wrote on the evening of Jan. 12 that Lynette Patton, 48, 17 Noyes St., Norton, Massachusetts, was taken into custody by the Warwick Police Department on a Johnston Police warrant for a charge of obtaining vehicles with intent to defraud.

Patton was released with a summons to appear in Third Division District Court on Jan. 27.

Patton’s arrest stemmed from an alleged incident that took place on Feb. 13, 2019, when patrolman Michael A. Protano spoke with an employee at an auto body business whose name has been redacted. The employee had responded to police headquarters with a report of an overdue rental vehicle.

The employee said the car was rented to Patton, but several attempts to contact her were unsuccessful.

Detective John D. DeAngelis responded to the business the next day to speak with the employee, who provided a copy of the Jan. 2 rental agreement. DeAngelis said he was told Patton’s personal vehicle had been involved in an accident, and it was determined a total loss.

According to the employee, Patton was supposed to return the vehicle on Jan. 18. A phone call and Facebook message went unanswered, but later that day Patton made a cash payment to extend the rental agreement until Jan. 25. As of Feb. 14, the vehicle had not been returned and the man said Patton owed about $650.

DeAngelis said a Rhode Island criminal search revealed Patton as an alias for Lynette Bayona, and that she also has an alias name of Lynette Gonzalez. DeAngelis said Patton has an extensive record in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts with past arrests on fraud charges.

DeAngelis attempted to reach Patton via telephone, but he did not receive an answer. He then tried to locate her at her provided address, but a woman answered the door to say Patton did not live there.

Five days later, DeAngelis was informed the car still had not been returned. The next day, on Feb. 20, DeAngelis said the owner called him to say Patton had phoned him to say she left the rental parked on Commerce Street in Providence.

DeAngelis later called Patton and informed her of the warrant for her arrest. She said she would turn herself in at the Johnston Police station as soon as possible, DeAngelis said.


Patrolmen Nicholas A. Manocchio and Michael A. Schiappa responded to the Coventry Police Department on the evening of Jan. 11 to transport Rouba Khouri, 32, 80 Victoria St., Cranston, who was wanted on an active Johnston Police arrested warrant for a charge of willful trespassing.

A bail violation report was completed and emailed to Attorney General Peter Neronha’s office. The report was returned and signed by Special Assistant Attorney General Gabrielle Perlmutter, saying the defendant did not comply with a specific condition of her bail set on Dec. 3, 2019.

Detective Brian M. Loffredi wrote that Khouri also has a deferred sentence of three years stemming from a criminal charge of shoplifting out of the Warwick Police Department, with a disposition date of July 30, 2019.

Khouri was arraigned and released on $1,000 personal recognizance until a Third Division District Court date of Jan. 13.

Khouri’s arrest stems from an alleged incident that took place the afternoon of Jan. 6. Detective Thomas M. Dwyer met with the loss prevention manager at Burlington Coat Factory regarding a trespass order. The manager said he identified Khouri, a previously reported shoplifting offender. When he approached Khouri before she attempted to leave, she stated, “Oh, I’m not allowed in here.” After the man confirmed she was not allowed back in the store, Khouri left. Attempts to contact Khouri were unsuccessful, Dwyer said, which led to the preparation of an affidavit and arrest warrant.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment