Fall on the Hill of Nuetaconkanut
Neutaconkanut Hill Conservancy (NHC) will host its 10th Annual Fall on the Hill Event to be held on Saturday, September 22, from Noon to 3 p m in the Meadow at the summit of Neutaconkanut Hill. (Rain date, Sunday, September 23, Noon to 3 p m.)
Join us for an afternoon of Forest Adventure and Fun for Children, Adults and Families, in the only Natural Forest in Providence. Fun snacks, multiple activities in the Meadow; Guided Walks along re-developed walking Trails built by the WPA in the 1930s.
From the Meadow at the summit of the Hill, and along the trails, enjoy breathtaking views of Downtown Providence, stretching to The Pell Bridge spanning the East Passage of Narragansett Bay - then Visually Travel to New Bedford and nearby MA.
• Meet the Kids: NHC and the Providence Parks Dept. will introduce Jean Ralphio, Vincent Van Goat & Salvadore - Dwarf Nigerian Goats – Who Love Poison Ivy! Learn how they will keep our Forestland free of Invasive Plants such as Poison Ivy.
• Walk the Forest Trails where NHC members will guide and enlighten you about the history of this Unique Forestland, land, given to Roger Williams by the Native American Sachems – View the Hill’s Unique Geology, the flora, fauna and animals that make the Hill their Home.
• Children ‘Tour the Fire Truck' with Providence Firemen who will fascinate them with an educational and fun tour. The children leave with ‘treats’ from the Firemen.
• Enjoy an afternoon of Music on the Hill and listen intently, as the Story Teller Weaves Tales of the Forest and the Season
• Presentations by: Indigenous Mashapaug Tribesmen and the Jump Dance Company
• Roast Marshmallows over the Open Fire –
• Enjoy Hot Chocolate, Snacks, Beverages ….